What’s your DON’T WAIT® story?
Are you living a DON’T WAIT® story and want to inspire others to do the same by sharing your experience? The DON’T WAIT Project® is producing numerous ways to share the DON’T WAIT® message and needs your help!
You can send us your story in many forms. There is no limit to how you can share your inspiration.
- Send us a video about your DON’T WAIT® story. Tell us about yourself. Show us your life in 3 to 5 minutes, possibly including comments from people involved in your story. Provide comments from a family member, friend, co-worker, pastor, or professor. Show us some footage of your everyday life. Tell us how your DON’T WAIT® brings satisfaction and happiness to your life and about your ability to prevail despite the obstacles you have faced along the way. EXAMPLE: If volunteering at your local food bank helped change your life, get a comment from the non profit organization’s executive director or a patron of the food bank. What have you learned from the experience and what can others gain when finally volunteering in their own communities?
- Send us your DON’T WAIT® photo. A picture is worth a thousand words. Show us your life as it’s captured by a single snapshot that tells us all about what in your life exudes DON’T WAIT®. That’s all we need—a single photo that tells your story. Please do provide a few lines to explain the significance of the photo but don’t worry about filling up an entire page—we just need a simple caption for the photo. EXAMPLE: If your child or children inspired you to change your life and live your DON’T WAIT® story, send us your favorite photo of you with your child or children. If the death of someone you love has changed how you look at life today, send us a special photo honoring your loved one. If you are finally using your grandmother’s china, send us a photo of your table beautifully set. If you have restored your father’s old classic car, send us before and after photo of your hard, yet rewarding work.
- Write your DON’T WAIT® story. In 1,000 words or less, tell us all about your inspirational DON’T WAIT® story. Include a summation of the events that lead to the crossroads that made all the difference between where you started from in your life and how you got to where you are now. Tell us about the roadblocks along the way and what you did to overcome them. When things seemed impossible, how did you push forward? What or who was YOUR inspiration? We want to know how you found and maintain happiness in your life.
- Artistically tell your DON’T WAIT® story. Whether you paint, sing, play an instrument, scrapbook, sketch, or are a graphic designer, we invite you to use your own creativity to tell your DON’T WAIT® story. FOR EXAMPLE: Paint a picture of the place that brings you peace and happiness. Sculpt the face of someone you love. Sketch your art studio or office building if your DON’T WAIT® is about rebuilding your career or thriving during the recession. Create a scrapbook page that tells the story of a pivotal time in your life—a graduation, Bar Mitzvah, day of volunteering, or a renovated room in your home that you now have the pleasure of using. Write a song. SING out loud!
2. Neither The DON’T WAIT Project® nor any of its affiliated companies or entities are obligated to use or pay you for any Submission.
3. It is possible that similar Submissions may be submitted to The DON’T WAIT Project® by multiple sources and that a Submission may be similar to ideas generated or developed independently by The DON’T WAIT Project® and 3 George Media, Inc. employees.
4. All Submissions shall become the property of The DON’T WAIT Project®, may be edited for length, clarity and/or functionality, will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality, may be shared with and used by the staff of The DON’T WAIT Project® and any of their affiliated companies or entities and shared with legal authorities if The DON’T WAIT Project® believes it warranted. Neither The DON’T WAIT Project® nor any third or other party with whom The DON’T WAIT Project® shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or Submission that you submit.
5. The DON’T WAIT Project® shall exclusively own all known or later existing rights to the Submissions worldwide and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose in all media now known or hereafter discovered without compensation to the provider of such Submissions.
6. The DON’T WAIT Project® reserves the right to change due dates for Submissions, or other specifics, as it deems necessary in its sole and exclusive discretion.
7. By providing the Submissions, you represent and warrant that you are at least twenty-one (21) years old.
8. No Submission may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, invades a person’s privacy, violates any law, any intellectual property or other property or other rights, or is known to be false.
BY CLICKING “SUBMIT” BELOW, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO ALL OF THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.